One of my favorite breakfasts is egg-white muffins. You can make them anyway you want, but I find them to be a much healthier alternative to power bars and cereals. According to My Fitness Pal, one muffin using the ingredients listed is about 70 calories, give or take. I do not use exact measurements on this, so if that bugs you, I am really sorry.
I use the following ingredients:
- A small thing of egg whites
- Jimmy Dean crumbled turkey sausage
- Green pepper, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A little bit of cheese
The actual making of the muffins is easy:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease your muffin pan
- While oven is preheating, chop your veggies
- Put a pinch-ish of each dry ingredient into muffin pan
- Add salt and pepper
- Add just enough of egg whites to each tin to make ingredients float (you may need to redistribute with a spoon at the end to get things more even)
- Stir each muffin a tad with a spoon to mix up ingredients and to make muffin fluffier
- The pan should look like this:
- Bake for 20 minutes
I end up making containers of two muffins and storing them in the fridge. My husband and I then can grab them and throw them into our lunch boxes to eat when we get to work. I warm up a container for a minute, then let it sit for another minute so I don’t burn my mouth.
Feel free to change up the ingredients to make the muffins just the way you like them. My husband likes to add sriracha to his after they are done cooking, but we have not tried adding the sauce to the actual muffin yet. Let me know how your experiments turn out!