Okay, so I know that it was been WAY too long since I have written anything, so let’s do a quick life update:
- I survived one of the worst tax seasons ever (thank you new tax laws that no one really understands yet).
- We went to Disney! It was a blast. I even got to experience Hollywood Studio’s 30th birthday celebration.
- We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter while we were there. 10/10 would definitely stay there again and recommend to everyone. Everything was amazing, especially the food.
- I got a new job, so goodbye public accounting.
- We are in the process of moving for that new job. In fact, I’m writing this from a hotel room as part of the relocation process.
So, what is my new job you ask?
I am super excited to say that I am a financial analyst working at Team Disney for DCL!! Guys, I work right across the street from Disney Springs. Six years after the end of my Disney College Program, I am back working for the best boss ever. It still feels surreal. This past week was my first on the job, and yes, I totally almost cried at Traditions. I may not be in a role with a lot of guest interaction, but I still get to help make the magic come to life.
Earlier this year I chose the word renaissance to define my goals and path. And, just like Disney in the 90s, I feel like this is my renaissance. I got my CPA and I am back with the company I have dreamed of all of my life. Things are only just beginning. Next steps are becoming a homeowner and getting my health goals back on track (walking around Disney World should help with that one).
Things are happening. Let’s see how far they’ll go.