On today’s episode of “it’s quarantine and not much is happening” I will invite all sorts of hate and criticisms. It is time to reveal the ships I sail (for those who do not know what that means, I do not actually sail. These are romantic pairings that may or may not be cannon in the fictional world). Not all of them will be defended. I do not owe you reasons for my opinions. And, yes, some of them are very not cannon. I do not care.
Let the fun begin.
- Sparrowbeth. Captain Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann are my favorite ship that I will die for. She was done so dirty. Elizabeth is 10x the pirate Will will ever be, and I refuse to believe she stayed on an island just to see him once every ten years. She was-is- the pirate king, after all. Jack met her in wit and in adventurous spirit. Will, while I will always love Orlando Bloom, was not supportive of her pirateness and decided the father who abandoned him was worth more to him than she was. Sparrowbeth for life.
- Dramione. Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy are fantastic only if they are written well. He was a twat and a bully, but intellectually they match. I know this one will be the most hated on my list, but I like what I like. And I have a weird thing for villains. Sue me.
- Robin and Starfire in the original animated Teen Titans. Duh.
- Danny Phantom and Ember McClain. I really do not have any reason for this one. I just like it.
- Rachel and Puck from Glee. I KNOW THE REAL LIFE ISSUES. I do. But, I really did not like Finn. Again, see above. I like assholes.
- The Phantom and Christine. I am not that big of a fan of Love Never Dies. But I do like the Phantom and Christine pairing. Raoul is a big weenie.
- Reylo. Rey and Kylo Ren is not my hardest ship in the world. There are aspects to them I like, but the writing of the sequels ruined them. The redemption arc was there. It could have happened.
- Me with Loki. I’m kidding. Kind of. I love him.
- Joker and Harley is the most problematic relationship to ever be popular. I am almost ashamed of putting this on the list. Abuse is never okay. But I love them (animated series anyway. Live action Harley is better off. She doesn’t need anyone).
- Team Jacob.
- Teem Peeta.
- Eric Northman and Sookie Stackhouse. Read the books, y’all. They are so much better than the series. I have no idea what the writers were thinking when they made all those changes.
Okay, there you have it. Twelve ships that I ship. At least, the ones that came to mind when I was making this list. There are probably so many more (Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy for one) that fall into the definitely cannon list. And, I will be the first to admit that I see the problems with my ships. I know a lot of them would not work in the real world. But that is the joy of fiction and fanfiction. We can do what we want.
Tell me your ships or why I am the worst in the comments!