Well, I met my goal of 50 books read in 2020. I am actually at 55 books read so far! I have already told you all about the first 25 earlier this year, so let me give you the next 25. At the end of the year I will reveal all the “surplus” books and give you my final thoughts on this year in reading.
Shall we begin?
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Necropolis by Dan Annette
- Queen of Ice and Snow by Bekah Harris
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Honor Guard by Dan Annette
- The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks
- Stardust by Neil Gaian
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Queen’s Peril by E. K. Johnston
- You are a Badass by Jen Sineco
- Everything is F*cked by Mark Manson
- Attack of the Clones by R. A. Salvatore
- Guns of Tanith by Dan Annette
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May
- Crescent City by Sarah J Maas
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover
- Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Court of Miracles by Kester Grant
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski
- The Happily Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
- Awkward by Gurpeet Kaur
- A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown
- Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger
Out of this 25, I put A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, The Court of Miracles, and Crescent City as my top 3. All are considered YA fantasy (I think, Court of Miracles may not be fantasy). There is a little bit of action and romance which is my jam. Court of Miracles is even a Les Miserables retelling!
You are a Badass was my favorite non-fiction novel. I recommend it to everyone. I also recommend White Fragility as it really taught me some things and made me examine everything. I will also NOT recommend Everything is F*cked. It was not nearly as good as the Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. I am not really sure why, but I just did not enjoy it.
I have upped my goal to 75 books, so I hope to have another list of 25 in December! I also have a new bookstagram, so be sure to follow me there more more reviews and things book related. The handle is @mariebee_reads and my fitness goal handle has changed to @mariebee_getshealthy if you don’t follow me there yet.
Let me know what you have been reading! I always welcome recommendations. There is no such thing as a too big TBR list!